BLiNQ is leading the way in high-performance, low-cost 5G ready wireless solutions for fixed and mobile services. We’re redefining wireless connectivity through continuous innovation, incredible product quality, and the introduction of disruptive technology to the market. We are creating new opportunities, and we believe that everyone should have access to world-class connectivity for the lowest cost.
Here at BLiNQ Networks, our mission is to develop products and technology that serve the needs of our clients. What you will bring to the table is more than just your technical skills – your unique perspectives, ideas, and cultures will help us create even better products and services.
We are looking for a Coop/Intern who can excel in an agile/DevOps environment working as part of a team developing and delivering management solutions for fixed wireless LTE and 5G broadband networking equipment using the latest in technologies; Cloud Native, Kubernetes, Docker, ElasticSearch, Apache Spark. The ideal coop/intern engineer is pursuing a bachelor’s degree from university in Engineering or Computer Science.
The Coop Engineer will:
- Participate in full product lifecycle participating in an agile scrum team
- Write production quality code addressing requirements/stories/tasks in sprint
- Deliver code using agile, test driven design methodology
- Solve real problems
- Particiapte in daily stand ups communicating their status and issues
- Review requirements, specifications, technical design documents
- Support the definition and assessment of release exit criteria to production
- You are a highly self-motivated individual with an ability to learn new technologies quickly
- You have a basic understanding of broadband access equipment, preferably wireless.
- You have an enthusiastic attitude and confidence in your abilities.
- You have excellent communication skills – both listening and the ability to express ideas verbally and in written form.
- You have the ability to work independently or in a team, collaborating with peers
- You are a creative problem solver with a strong attention to detail, and a passion for doing things in an automated, and correct manner
Your skills and experience:
- Experience with angular, typescript, html and/or java.
- Experience working with containers and VMs.
- Prior experience with K8s, Docker, Cloud Infrastructure is considered ideal.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, preferably Centos/RHEL
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, Jira, CI/CD is an asset
- Working knowledge of L3/L2 network protocols