Location: Markham, ON
As a key member of the BLiNQ Design Team, you will work closely with RF, Mechanical and Antenna design engineers towards delivering cost-effective and leading-edge wireless product solutions. You will be part of the Hardware Design Team responsible for producing cost effective and highly functional products.
This position requires strong problem-solving skills, self-motivation and strong inter-disciplinary teamwork skills. You must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently on multiple product development platforms and with tight project schedules. If you like to work in a fast paced environment with opportunities to learn and develop new skills which you won’t find anywhere else, please apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.
- Design and modeling transmit and receive line-ups including selection and validation of PLL’s, TXCO, UP/Down Converters, Mixers, LNA’s, PA’s
- Schematic capture design in OrCAD and PCB layout editing
- Perform product validation and RF System Measurements: EVM, Phase Noise, Linearity, Sensitivity, etc.
- Review designs and requirements, develop functional and system level test cases and test plans to validate or improve products
- Analyze early products during proto and NPI phases to identify any manufacturing defect and resolve all hardware issues in coordination with development engineers
- Support pre-testing and final certification process
- Participate in cross-functional team effort in integration and product validation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering or Physics discipline
- 3+years of experience in the design of RF/Microwave outdoor products
- Experience with design and test of microwave/millimeter wave outdoor products is preferred
- Hands on experience in RF measurement techniques, including use of high-speed oscilloscopes, VNA’s, power meters, signal generator and spectrum analyzers
- Theoretical understanding of the RF principle is a must
- Knowledge of lower level RF component based manual testing and board probing is an added plus
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions and to communicate issues to their test leads
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and team-oriented skills
About BLiNQ Networks
BLiNQ Networks is the wireless product design center for its parent company Communication Components Inc. Products (CCI Products). www.blinqnetworks.com
Communication Components Inc. is one of the fastest growing providers of base station enhancement products. Our innovative products are designed to allow service providers to get the most out of their base station investments. Whether capacity expansion or coverage enhancement is the objective, CCI has the appropriate solution to meet the need. With thousands of field-proven solutions in deployment, in PCS, Cellular and SMR environments, CCI brings expertise, technology, and reliability. CCI’s capacity expansion products will allow a basestation to grow radio count without adding feeders and antennas, and with no loss of coverage. CCI creates turn-key solution from design assistance to site commissioning.