BLiNQ is leading the way in high-performance, low-cost 5G ready wireless solutions for fixed and mobile services. We’re redefining wireless connectivity through continuous innovation, incredible product quality, and the introduction of disruptive technology to the market. We are creating new opportunities, and we believe that everyone should have access to world-class connectivity for the lowest cost. Here at BLiNQ Networks, our mission is to develop products and technology that serve the needs of our clients. What you will bring to the table is more than just your technical skills – your unique perspectives, ideas, and cultures will help us create even better products and services.
We are looking for a results-oriented, passionate, detail-oriented Software Engineer who can take ownership of complex features from concept and drive them through implementation and customer deployments. This person will have a minimum of 10/5 years of relevant working experience as a software engineer working on network or systems management applications, and a bachelor’s degree from university in Engineering or Computer Science. The primary responsibility of the Network Management Engineer is to drive the design and implementation of management features for cloud and on premises wireless network management solutions.
- You are an experienced developer who knows what it means to write and maintain production code
- You have a strong background in broadband access networks.
- You are a natural mentor/coach for more junior developers and has the ability to demonstrate how to do things right.
- You have an enthusiastic attitude and confidence in your abilities.
- You also have an uncanny ability/desire to learn and use different languages, frameworks, practices with ease
- You have excellent communication skills – both listening and the ability to express ideas verbally and in written form.
- You have in-depth software development experience with proven experience taking a project from concept through to production deployment
- You have the ability to work independently or in a team, collaborating with peers
- You are a creative problem solver with a strong attention to detail, and a passion for doing things in an automated, and correct manner
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years of production quality software experience with a proven track record of delivering scalable, usable, maintainable software solutions.
- 2+ years of experience working on equipment from the broadband access space with an understanding of device data models; BBF TR-69/98 and IETF YANG and protocols; CWMP, SNMP, RESTCONF/NETCONF.
- Experience working with large scale distributed s/w systems, and cloud applications. Using virtualization is second nature to you. You are extremely comfortable with Docker and VMs, and understand how to take a system into production scaling it up and down as needed. Ideally, you have experience deploying Kubernetes.
- Experience with any of the following is a strong asset: Angular, Docker, AWS, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Spark, ElasitcSearch, Solr, Lucene, JSON, Node.js
- Knowledge of system performance tuning, trending, and analysis is desired
- Solid understanding of Linux OS, preferably Centos/RHEL
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, Jira, CI/CD is an asset
- Working knowledge of L3/L2 network protocols
BLiNQ Networks is the wireless product design center for its parent company Communication Components Inc. Products (CCI Products). www.blinqnetworks.com
Communication Components Inc. is one of the fastest growing providers of base station enhancement products. Our innovative products are designed to allow service providers to get the most out of their base station investments. Whether capacity expansion or coverage enhancement is the objective, CCI has the appropriate solution to meet the need. With thousands of field-proven solutions in deployment, in PCS, Cellular and SMR environments, CCI brings expertise, technology, and reliability. CCI’s capacity expansion products will allow a base station to grow radio count without adding feeders and antennas, and with no loss of coverage. CCI creates turn-key solution from design assistance to site commissioning.