BLiNQ is leading the way in high-performance, low-cost 5G ready wireless solutions for fixed and mobile services. We’re redefining wireless connectivity through continuous innovation, incredible product quality, and the introduction of disruptive technology to the market. We are creating new opportunities, and we believe that everyone should have access to world-class connectivity for the lowest cost. Here at BLiNQ Networks, our mission is to develop products and technology that serve the needs of our clients. What you will bring to the table is more than just your technical skills – your unique perspectives, ideas, and cultures will help us create even better products and services.
We are looking for a Test Engineer who excels in an agile/DevOps environment working as part of a team developing and delivering management solutions for both SaaS deployed in public cloud service environments and on premises deployments. The test engineer has a bachelor’s degree from university in Engineering or Computer Science. The primary responsibility of the Test Engineer is to own all aspects related to DevOps testing of wireless network management solutions focusing on quality prior to product verification. The test Engineer will:
- Represent the Team from a test perspective in daily stand ups
- Represent the end user perspective within the team
- Review requirements, specifications, technical design documents
- Create detailed and comprehensive test cases with traceability to requirements for key features, and areas of risk
- Estimate, prioritize and plan test execution, participate in test execution, and ensure traceability of test results.
- Be responsible for identifying areas of risk and determining the degree of functional testing, automated integration testing, platform testing and performance/scalability testing to mitigate the risk
- Drive new feature testing, create test scripts and run automation tests to characterize the stability of the feature
- Support the definition and assessment of release exit criteria to production
- You are an experienced tester who knows what it means to ensure a system is production ready
- You have a background in testing broadband access equipment, preferably wireless.
- You fully understand the DevOps culture and have a desire and an ability to automate and monitor test execution related to SaaS deployed in a public cloud service.
- You have an enthusiastic attitude and confidence in your abilities.
- You have excellent communication skills – both listening and the ability to express ideas verbally and in written form.
- You have in-depth software test experience with proven experience throughout the lifecycle of software projects
- You have the ability to work independently or in a team, collaborating with peers
- You are a creative problem solver with a strong attention to detail, and a passion for doing things in an automated, and correct manner
Your skills and experience:
- 7+ years of production quality software test experience with a proven track record in a devops environment for SaaS solutions.
- 2+ years of experience working on equipment from the broadband access space.
- Proficiency with the following languages: Python, Java, as well as with one or more scripting languages.
- Experience working with large scale distributed s/w systems, and cloud applications. Working with virtualization is second nature to you. You are extremely comfortable with the cloud, docker and VMs, and understand how to monitor and evaluate a system in a DevOps environment scaling up and down.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS, preferably Centos/RHEL
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, Jira, CI/CD is an asset
- Working knowledge of L3/L2 network protocols
BLiNQ Networks is the wireless product design center for its parent company Communication Components Inc. Products (CCI Products). www.blinqnetworks.com
Communication Components Inc. is one of the fastest growing providers of base station enhancement products. Our innovative products are designed to allow service providers to get the most out of their base station investments. Whether capacity expansion or coverage enhancement is the objective, CCI has the appropriate solution to meet the need. With thousands of field-proven solutions in deployment, in PCS, Cellular and SMR environments, CCI brings expertise, technology, and reliability. CCI’s capacity expansion products will allow a base station to grow radio count without adding feeders and antennas, and with no loss of coverage. CCI creates turn-key solution from design assistance to site commissioning.