Prior to decentralized 5G networks, big telecom companies dominated the market, allowing them to keep prices high because there were limited alternatives. However, technology has shifted to benefit communities with previously poor connections, at an affordable rate. Owned and operated by the people, decentralized networks offer an alternative connection to big name providers, that is lightning fast and more reliable. They also give smaller network providers and individuals the opportunity to generate revenue for simply using the network. While low latency, greater capacity and wider radius are the real benefits, the crypto reward is an additional bonus that mutually benefits all users.
Centralized vs. Decentralized Networks: What’s the Difference?
While a centralized network relies on a single server, a decentralized network uses multiple servers to operate. For individuals or companies who rely on a secure, reliable connection for their everyday operations, a centralized network may not be a viable network solution. If a centralized network fails, so does the single server, meaning the connection is lost.
Alternatively, since a decentralized network does not rely on a single server for its operations, it can continue to operate, despite a server failure. This means that users will not suffer from untimely interruptions that may jeopardize their productivity. Decentralized network servers can also handle higher user activity and can add more servers at any given time to accommodate mass usage.
Decentralized Network Infrastructure: The Way of the Future
BLiNQ Networks’ FW-300i and X-300i small cell radio units are key components of cutting edge decentralized network infrastructure. These units allow decentralized network providers the leverage to deploy large-scale connectivity to communities. Furthermore, they are the foundation from which enterprises and consumers earn cryptocurrency. Alongside the bonus crypto, the technology offers:
- Compact infrastructure, unlike centralized networks that rely on large radio towers for connectivity deployment.
- No spectrum license necessary, unlike centralized networks which require licensing.
- Greater capacity, allowing enterprises to profit from a higher volume of consumers. It also offers controlled capacity, giving companies the flexibility to determine signal distribution.
- 360° coverage with a robust coverage radius.
- High-speed, low latency and minimal uptime.
- Capable of indoor or outdoor mounting to cater to the individual’s needs.
Why Decentralized-Related Network Initiatives are Paving the Way for Better Connectivity
Between hefty monthly bills and insufficient connections, many communities are turning to smaller network providers for better service. While big tech giants are charging higher prices for poorer, less reliable service, smaller network providers are offering unparalleled LTE and 5G connectivity solutions at a cost-effective price point. With the revolutionary technology of CBRS broadband solutions, many areas increasingly have access to quality connections at affordable price ranges.
Beyond affordability and accessibility, some telecom companies are starting to offer token rewards to users. Opting for a blockchain-powered network allows end users to collect valuable data while simultaneously rewarding users with tokens for their data. While data is collected, complete anonymity is maintained, allowing the users’ identity to remain confidential. The additional incentive encourages a cumulative effort on behalf of all users to operate the network ecology.
The benefits of crypto-powered wireless networks for both rural and urban communities are:
- Profitable and mutually beneficial for all parties – Network providers, users and validators are rewarded equally with tokens as an incentive to increase usage. All players are part of an ecosystem that ensures smooth network operation and flow.
- Equalized effort – Rather than the network provider serving as the single authority, everyone plays a role in deploying, maintaining, and utilizing the connectivity.
- Progressive technology – Validators serve the role of constantly working to improve blockchain technology through reliability metrics.
- Enables affordability and accessibility – Decentralized wireless allows network providers to offer connectivity at an affordable price point while maintaining a quality connection. It also entices users to participate due to the token bonus that comes with simply engaging with the network as you normally would.
- Increased security and privacy – Using a centralized network runs the risk of being exploited or manipulated by large telecom companies. With a decentralized network, your identity and personal information is protected. Decentralized networks are also non-invasive and do not track your network activity.
Working Together for a Superior Connection with Cryptocurrency Incentives
Through the combined technology of blockchain networks and CBRS broadband solutions, more communities than ever will have access to incentivized connectivity. With revolutionary decentralized network infrastructure, BLiNQ Networks has transformed how connectivity is deployed as well as who it serves, and where it is deployed. No matter the population, BLiNQ Networks responds to all users’ distinct needs and promises a superior connection everywhere.
BLiNQ Networks is a leading manufacturer of CBRS solutions and equipment ready to serve your connectivity needs. For more information on crypto-based network initiatives, contact our sales team.
Whitepaper XNet document